Thursday, January 12, 2017

Dispatch 53: Update on Brick and Mortars Carrying MCL Vinyl


Hercules Records - Berkeley, Ca.
Uranian Fire - Solar Maximum
Dispatch 53: As a big fan of vinyl albums, one of my greatest thrills in life is walking into a record store to shop. Whether it's one of my often-visited favorites or a brand new one I just spotted on that new street I'd never been on before, standing at the threshold and staring into a room full of every, single possibility is awesome. In my mind's eye I see
all of my favorite records. All the ones I've had on my "will-score" list forever. They could all be in this store at this very moment waiting for me to flip right to them. Yeah!
 So my next thought is: where to start? I have different methods for different stores but I usually employ the "must-hit" method first anywhere I go in case time is short.  Then, if time permits, a more meticulous going-thru is in order.  The "must-hit" bins are the ones that are always necessary.  Right now those are: Bob Dylan. Fuck. Geto Boys. GnR. Melvins. Om. Posies. Ramones. Sleep
Thao's Sunday - DS Peligro
At Heights Vinyl - Houston, Tx.
Then, if i haven't already scored something that stresses my budget for the stop, I usually flip alphabetical and by section. Rock. Metal. Hip hop. Experimental, etc. I'll take my record store just like that, thanks.
  Like book stores, record stores rock and are a very necessary part of any culture. As an artist who makes records, and a fan who loves to find and listen to them, I send a big thanks to all indie record store proprietors out there.
  I'm seeing the experimental and psyche sections at some of these stores getting bigger. That can only mean one thing, more cool records! It's a happening time my friends.

  Here's an updated list of brick and mortar record stores that carry vinyl by MCL bands like psyche-drone duo Solar Maximum and the experimental rock stylings of DS Peligro.
The list is growing, so check back to the blog sidebar where the most up-to-date list can be found.

RECORD STORES CARRYING MCL Vinyl:

No comments:

Post a Comment